ALSI HDC Series Hydrocyclones are a passive device used for the separation of solids particles and removal of particles to a process liquid stream. The centrifugal force created by the rotation of the liquid stream inside the hydrocyclone removes a pre-determined size of particle.
- Provide high-efficiency filtration without media
- Particle SG (g/cc) and pressure drop control particle separation
- Available for fine (20 micron) or Coarse (25 micron) filtration cut point
- Can be used to concentrate dirt for pressure filter removal
Hydrocyclones utilize an involute feed entry to convert fluid pressure into rotational motion. This rotational motion develops acceleration forces that range from 20 to over 200 times the force of gravity. These acceleration forces will cause the movement (or separation) of particles suspended in the liquid stream.
The main factors that effect hydrocyclone performance are:
- Particle size distribution
- Particle density (specific gravity)
- Operating temperature
- Available pressure drop
Due to the large gravitational forces developed in the hydrocyclone, particles can separate at a much faster rate than traditional gravity filtration systems such as media and pressure filters.
Click here for ALSI Literature on Hydrocyclones.
Please contact us here.