The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineers in the design, development, testing, technical documentation, and production of ALSI’s custom filtering solutions, now and for the future.
Utilizing a deep understanding of hardware architectures, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineered designs, you will work with customers, vendors, and team members to develop innovative solutions addressing customer needs. This important position supports business development and regularly interacts with senior leadership.
This is a full-time position in our Rochester Hills, MI location.
- Manage the ALSI Engineering Department lead internal coworkers, external contractors, and other resources, including internationally.
- Define product requirements and product development strategy in coordination with customers, sales engineers, and the Executive Management Team.
- Interface with customers as the technical expert, providing engineering presentations and proposals.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and suppliers.
- Provide supervision and support to internal and external design resources when appropriate.
- Participate in system-level requirements analysis, cost estimation, design reviews and other team development processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in industrial products and systems design.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Experience with relevant CAD tools. The utilization of appropriate CAD tools to design and analyze product functionality and reliability will be beneficial in facilitating rapid deployment of resources to complete the task.
- Experience in automotive paint finishing systems and sub-systems.
- High level understanding of mechanical design.
- Experience creating and executing design team management.
- Proficient in structured problem-solving techniques. Experience with mechanical design analysis.
Send a cover letter with your resume and salary range requirements to email@example.com
Click here to go back to Career Opportunities.