In this vital position you will be expected to perform all aspects of purchasing the mechanical and/or electrical components used in machine building. You will work closely with the Sales and Engineering Departments to accurately define the components required.
This is a full-time position with flexibility in the start time. Once-a-month Saturday meeting is expected, as necessary.
- Review Bill of Material (BOM) with appropriate departments
- Estimate material quantities
- Prepare RFQ’s and submit to vendors
- Prepare and process purchase orders
- Record and maintain all transactions within company defined software
- Resolve issues of delivery, defects, or other disputes
- Complete return of items to vendors as needed
- Track trends and issues that may affect costs
- Research, compare, and select suppliers that are best suited for ASLI as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two years of college and four years of experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationship with vendors
- Meet deadlines
- Deliver prompt communication as required
- Strong math, computer, and technical aptitude
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office
Send a cover letter with your resume and salary range requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to go back to Career Opportunities.